Saturday, September 19, 2009

Daddy Day Care!

I have to work one Saturday once a month, and while I hate to do it bc it makes the week that much longer, I get the following Friday off, which means one more day for Nik with family and helps with the cost of Daycare. So, I packed up the diaper bag with all the necessities, including: milk, cereal, diapers, wipes, toys, change of clothes, bibs, burp cloths, pacis, teethers, diaper rash creams, lotions, rattles, blankets, books and I sent the pumpkin off with her Daddy-they were out the door before I left. Daddy is off to get the pumpkin some jeans and some "Daddy Day" clothes, as the clothes Mommy left out for the pumpkin today are "not going to work" for Daddy. I'm a little worried. I somehow have a feeling that I'm going to run into someone I know at a later date and time and they are going to tell me how they ran into my husband, and our son at the store!!! My little pumpkin may look look like a little boy pumpkin when I get home from work!!! I know that Daddy gets a little thrill out of having the pumpkin all to himself for a day!
It reminds me of one of my favorite movies growing up, "Mr. Mom" with Michael Keaton, the country song, "Mr. Mom," and the fond memories I have of my own special "Papa Days" when I was growing up! Life truly is a circle.

No comments:

Post a Comment