Saturday, August 29, 2009

Don't Feed After Midnight...

It's been a while since I posted any photos of Nik. We started feeding her rice cereal a few weeks back. I had been putting it off, because I kept reading from sources like kellymom.com and the Academy of Pediatrics that you should wait until your little one is 6 months of age before feeding him/her solids, that babies should be exclusively breastfed/formula till 6 months of age: kellymom.com/nutrition/solids/delay-solids.html#reasons, and then at Nik's 4 Month check-up, Dr. Emm advised us, it was time to start. I was bound and determined to wait, even though, I could see that she was becoming interested: kellymom.com/nutrition/solids/solids-when.html#developmental. And, I have to admit, I secretly wanted/was very excited to move on to this step with her. Finally, I caved, and we started. The first time, I fed her, she took the spoon right out of my hand, and began to feed herself!!! She then tried to grab the whole bowl and eat directly out of the bowl, or maybe, just eat the bowl itself! Anyway, she absolutely loves it! I still worry, maybe we should have waited, but she so seems to enjoy it. I keep saying to Josh, I think she is ready for a Cheeseburger and Fries, the way she attacks the cereal--hence the title.


Is that a goatee, you're growing there, Nikolina?
Or are you Santa?













I feel like this could be an add for Gerber...


























As you can see, we missed the mouth the first couple aims...













would you like some cereal??!!













Chunky Monkey??!!
















No comments:

Post a Comment