Monday, June 15, 2009

April 25, 2009

I have to show you my birthday present, a Digital Canon Rebel XSI. It was a gift from my husband, parents, and in-laws. I have been asking my husband for a professional grade camera for 2 years, I am a compulsive picture taker and love art photography. I have always wanted to learn how to take really good photos, and now with the pumpkin here, I want to capture it all on film Josh researched the best camera, and with some advice from my sister-in-law, an up and coming professional photographer, he secretly arranged to have the family go in together to help make that wish come true...














I
I don't know how to use it properly yet, but I am excited to learn. My sister-in-law gave me a book for my birthday, so hopefully, I will have some time to read and learn the ins and outs and maybe in a year, I will be able to take some descent photos. These are the first photos I took, of Diez. I can't wait to get some pictures of the pumpkin.
Josh has been a help as he is interested in photography as well, and has been able to pick it up rather well. I am glad that someone will be able to be on the other end too, to take some photos of the pumpkin and I.
I was so humbled to receive the camera, and cannot believe I hold in my hands such an exquisite piece of machinery. You feel like a professional photographer just holding the thing, let alone taking pictures with it. It defiantly makes you look at the world differently when you can capture it so beautifully with film.

No comments:

Post a Comment