Friday, March 27, 2009















40 Weeks...

We reached the 40 Week mark yesterday, the due date is tomorrow. But, I have a feeling that this little peanut is not quite ready to meet the world yet-still has some cooking to do. I have been experiencing the Braxton Hicks Contractions, but I don't feel that they are strong and consistent enough to be nearing the real thing. Josh has put my mother-in-law (Nana) on "baby watch" when he is out of town. He thinks that I will try and drive myself to the hospital when I go into labor. He may be warranted in his concern (I am a highly independent person). Although since they suggest these days that you not come to the hospital until your contractions are 5-7 minutes apart consistently, I'm sure I will be in no condition to drive by that point. This is our first delivery, so I'm not sure how my body will react to the contractions.

Everyone at work is surprised to see me every day that I am at work. They keep expecting me to not be here, and then to hear the good news that Baby Garrett has finally arrived! There were several preggers in my department, but I believe I am the last one left! I have slowed down on the "nesting instinct," although to hear it from my husband, 'I never stop moving.' I am trying to rest up for the big day, although I can't get myself to sleep early enough. There just isn't enough time in the day! I am tired more recently. Wait till we have a little one at home, and I have to go back to work-I will probably never sleep, and walk around like an un-dead zombie. It's hard to believe that soon we will have a new little person in our lives every day! I'm sure when this little miracle arrives, we will wonder what we ever did with our time!

I am going to pick up Baby Garrett's swing today, and am so excited (after paying some bills)! We received some gift certificates, and a 10% off coupon in the mail. I had considered it a luxury item, and thought maybe we should do without it, and try and come across a used one, but we have decided that this little peanut will love it it, and it will be a valuable investment. Since we didn't find out the sex, I had considered a couple options. I really liked the new "Zen" Collection by Fisher price, but it is a little high in price range. I sort of fell in love w/this one
http://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?st=2002&e=product&pid=45667 , and it's available at our local store. It's a little off of our color scheme, but it is so soft and cuddly, I can just see Baby Garrett snuggled up in it. I can't wait!!!

It's "pizza night" tonight which is my husband's favorite day of the week! Hopefully followed up w/a movie, some snuggle time on the couch, and our black Lab "Diez" at our feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment